Thursday, June 30, 2011

Firecrackers...

It is one of my favorite times of the year. I love the atmosphere...the colors...the patriotism...the family time...everything!! So I made a few 4th of July crafts to put up in my home! Here is one of the first ones!!

Firecrackers

Item's Needed:

3- 2x2 blocks (4, 6, and 8 inches)

Paint

Paint brushes

Sand paper

Embellishments

Wire

Hot glue/Hot glue gun


Step 1: Take your 3 different blocks and paint them. I did them Navy, Brick Red, & White. Let them dry thoroughly!

Step 2: After they have dried well distress them up! :)

Then take a pair of scissors and poke a small hole in the center of each top of the firecrackers.
Step 3: After your done sanding take some wire for the "wick" of the firecracker. I took some wire that I had in the tool box and just cut 3-4 in. pieces and wrapped it around a pen to curl it.

Step 4: Hot glue the "wicks" into your little holes you poked.

Step 5: Embellish them up!! :) I used paper for stars, ink, buttons, glass rocks, & sequins!!

Step 6: Set them on your mantel, entertainment center, a shelf....anywhere!! Enjoy :)

Here is a peek at my front entry shelf!! I love love love the colors! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment