Monday, August 2, 2010

Bathroom Canvases...

Here is another project I just completed for our bathroom...we have had it painted for a long time but I haven't had much decor up in there. But I am getting it done!! SO here are the canvases I did for the wall! :) I think they turned out super cute!! Simple and fun...Here is how I did it.
{Bathroom Canvases}
Item's Needed:
Mod Podge
Paint (any of your choice)
3 canvases...thin ones is what I used.. 3 for 2.00 bucks at Walmart
Paint Brush
3 coordinating scrapbook papers
Nail File
Step 1: Take your canvases and paint around the edges...I don't paint clear into the middle because you will be covering up most of it with the paper.

Step 2: After they have tried well Trim your paper down to the desired size... I left a small edge of "paint" around mine.
Step 3: Take your paint brush and mod podge and mod podge your paper to the canvas. Be sure to press firmly to make sure that there are no air bubbles!
Step 4: Then Mod Podge over top of the paper and canvas
Step 5: (not pictured) I blended the edges and scuffed them up a bit with a nail file..
THEN go hang them on the wall and ADMIRE!! Simply fun!
One of mine bubbled...SO I put it on the shelve beside the toilet with other little gadgets and fun stuff!! :)
The twine/bead decor balls...I love OH so much!!
At a glance!! Most of what this section of the bathroom looks like! More to come....Painted stars and my vinyl quote on the wall and then I will be done! :)
{Bathroom Canvases}

No comments:

Post a Comment