Monday, July 5, 2010

Boredom Buster Jar...

I realize that we are already 1 month into summer but this is a super fun idea that my kiddos love!! Alot of times during the summer you get the "Im Bored" "I don't have anything to do"...so I came up with about 75 fun things/simple things that kiddos can do. Here is how I did it:

{Boredom Buster Jar}
Item's Needed:
1 med/lg. plastic rubbermaid container or bowl
75-100: Summer Activities or "things to do"
Scissors
"Boredom Buster" in Vinyl or you can write it on
Cute Scraps of paper
Ribbon
(Not Pic.) Pinto Beans
Step 1: Take your Container/bowl and cover it with your cute scraps of paper
Step 2: Apply your "Boredom Buster" lettering to the front of the jar
Step 3: Take your "activities" and cut them into strips. (I used Microsoft to type them in and then just printed them out)
Some ex:
"Go to the Library"
"Make a Lemonade stand"
"Make a picture out of rice/beans/ lentils"
"Write a story"
"Go to get ice cream"
Step 4: Fold all your strips and throw them into the container
with the pinto beans ( I alternated Beans/some strips/beans...etc.)
Step 5: Add your ribbon to the bottom of the jar/container and store it on a shelf or on top of your refrigerator!!
HAVE FUN!! :)



{Boredom Busters}

2 comments:

  1. Love your blog. You have lots of great ideas. Can't wait to see what else you do..
    Erin
    thenormanfive.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Erin!! :) I appreciate you sweet comment!

    ReplyDelete